Monday, November 10, 2008

some hybrid cards...

Good morning! I haven't done any hybrid work in awhile and recently was asked by Angel Hartline to create a few things with her digital kits. When I saw her website, I was so excited to try them out! You can check out her digital kits here: www.angelhartline.com.

The first one was created with her file folder piece and some banners from the Life's Treasures: Love Collection kit. This is for the next challenge over at Card*a*licious (which should be up sometime today)! The challenge is to create a file folder style card. I used the little banners, printed them out fairly small, and then popped them up with pop dots to create a little bit of dimension. Added some Melissa Frances rub ons, which I can't get enough of! The fun felt trim is by Doodlebug ( I think) and some old wooden clothespins from my stash that I roughly painted white.Another idea would be to print the banner out a little bit larger and turn it upside down for a party hat like I did on this card:
(Will be in Handmade Magazine, April/May 2009.)

Supplies used:
Plaid fabric: from my stash

Black ribbon: Offray

Pink ribbon and white felt flower: Creative Cafe

Button: Basic Grey

Butterfly: KI lace paper
Rub on saying: Melissa Frances

Felt heart: Queen and Co.

Chalk on the edges: Stampin'Up!


I've been working on a lot of things, but just can't share them yet. Most of them are for my teams for December, and it's SO hard for me to hold them back! I love to share my work.

Yesterday hubby and I were busy shampooing our rugs and going through the girls' toys. What a job that was! We had 15 bags of toys that we got rid of. I know~ they are quite spoiled. A lot of them were baby toys and things. We haven't gone through them in awhile and it's so frustrating at Christmas time when you don't have anywhere to put the new toys! It's such a freeing feeling to have some room again! We went shopping over the weekend. The girls are going to be thrilled with their new things! I love this time of year. Hope you are feeling the magic too!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your cards dani!! You are so talented!!! Char

Daniel August said...

Wow.. ;P

Greetings from Daniel
*Norway*

TheShermanFam said...

Cute cards! Love the party hat!
AND I totally understand the toy cleaning...We are actually getting ready to do this. Something we do every year before Christmas...my MIL goes INSANE at Christmas time. We actually still have some things from last year unopened! :O
Sorry for the rambles!

Marlou McAlees said...

these are simple beautiful Danielle!! gorgeous work :) I too love this time of year, :) x

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh my golly gosh...your blog is always such a treat. Everytime I pop in, it's just pure sweetness. Everything is gorgeous, including that sweet little banner card. How irresistable. :)

Jennifer Beason said...

Hi Dani, just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog the other day and leaving such sweet comment.

I have been a BIG fan of yours for a long time!

Have a great week!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Loved your Cardalicious card so much when I saw it on the blog today, Dani. Those little banners are so darn cute. Didn't realize they were digital images. Love that you also turned one into a party hat. Your stuff is always so inspiring and so amazing.
And woo-hoo on the major clean-out. Sounds like you guys accomplished a lot.

Sasha Farina said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful Dani!!

Amber said...

Danielle just love both cards. Your file folder card is so inspiring, started working on mine immediately after. And I absolutely love the party hat. I made a party hat card a few weeks ago but mine looked more like a teepee!:) It was so funny!

DeeDee said...

Oh my word...what sweet, sweet cards...I really love the first one, but they are both wonderful!!! TFS!!

Emily said...

So cute, I think I am going to make my christmas cards hybrid this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

Annette said...

Beautiful cards Danielle!

Jennifer said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards! Love them both.

Mary - said...

amazing cards danielle - lovin the girly birthday one! super cute! you are always such an inspiration! :) oh & i too love this time of year! thx! m-

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards girl ;) {as always!}
I hear ya about the toy cleaning, we recently purged toys too... yep, starting to feel the magic (my crazy hubby had the Christmas music channel on today!!)
hugs~
Rae

Babydoll said...

I love the new cards!! I just went through my daughter's toys too. I only got 3 bags, but most of them were from McDonald's!! I guess that means we eat out too much!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are awesome, Dani. I'll have to go check out the site!

Melonie said...

Beautiful cards Dani!
I am totally feeling the Christmas magic. The kids had the day off from school yesterday and we did the yearly clean our closets out before Christmas ritual. They got rid of 2 big bags of toys so I am way happy. The Hubs and I are finishing up our shopping tomorrow. Hope you have a great week.

Sharla said...

You have really inspired me - you are SO talented. And I really hope there are leftovers on the Creative Cafe Christmas kit - I NEED that one!

Leslie Ashe said...

OH MY WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Girl - you are INCREDIBLY talented!! LOVE your gorgeous cards! :D

Sherry Wright said...

These are amazing, love every detail. The shopping sound so fun!