Monday, December 1, 2008

Countdown to Christmas...

December 1st...wow...I can't believe it's December already! This month will certainly fly by too, love this busy time of year. Today the girls and I decorated the tree and mantle, here are some pictures from our day. We didn't have time over the weekend, because we ended up doing some shopping, but Taylor had a 1/2 day at school today, so today was a good day to do the tree.
Taylor took a photo of Kati and I...
Putting the tree together...
Hanging the ornaments...
Kati
Taylor
The Pink Paislee blog is also doing a countdown to Christmas with the "12 Days of Ornaments", so be sure to check it out each day to see what the design team has been up to! We created several hand made ornaments for charity and will share a couple of them each day with directions. Today was my day to post. I created a little decorative box ornament and an icicle ornament.This little box was just an inexpensive box from the craft store that I covered in Pink Paislee - Tinsel Town paper. I found a holiday pick for $1 that already had the little pink and silver presents/ornaments/greenery on it, and just attached it to the top of the box with some pom pom trim underneath. (I lightly went over the greenery with white paint to tone it down a bit.) I added a rub on tree and Joy rub on from the Tinsel Town rub on set to the front. This would be really fun holding a gift inside and hung on the tree!
For this ornament, I found an icicle pattern on-line and simply printed out the pattern, traced it onto the back of the Jack Frost paper, cut it out and folded it up for this icicle ornament. I filled it with some candies to add a little bit of weight to it and used a to/from rub on on the 5th Avenue paper and tied it shut with twine.
Edited to add: HERE is the pattern I used for the Icicle Box Ornament! I printed it out a little bit larger than the pattern here.

I do have one more ornament that will be posted on the 12th day. Thanks for stopping by!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great photos Dani! I love love love your ornaments too!!

Jennifer Beason said...

Your ornaments are so beautiful, Dani!

I finally got some Tinsel Town pattered paper to play with, after seeing your work it really makes me want to get to work!!!:)

Your tree looks just like mine - But mine just about drove me crazy yesterday! I can't get all of the lights to work, Aghhh!!! Maybe it's time for a new tree.

Have a great week!

Haberdawoman said...

Beautiful photos.
My daughter is having a play date and we wantrd to do some craft, I am loving the icicle ornament but can not find it anywhere. Would you be able to tell me where you got it from?

Michelle said...

TIS THE SEASON AND I LOVE IT!!

I especially love the cone shaped ornament...soo inspiring!

Suzanne said...

These are just so beautiful, I too love the icicle ornament. would you mind sharing where you found it?? Please......

Leigh Penner said...

After I saw these on the Pink Paislee blog (such fabulous ornaments, by the way!!), I went looking for an icicle box template and found the same one that you just posted. :)

Eva said...

Oh, what fun pictures and love your decorations made with the gorgeous Pink Paislee papers! I will be checking their blog daily! Thanks for the pattern as well!

Regina Easter said...

hey you, i see that you are still busy, blowing everyone away with all your stunning work...girl you are on some awesome teams..so proud, happy for you....happy holidays to you and your family...love your new blog look and those baby girls are adorable...just like mommy...hugs

Anonymous said...

wow, look at those amazing projects!!!! super cute pics!

carolyn peeler said...

that little box is adorable Danielle. I love that line from PP!

Amber said...

What cute pictures Danielle and great memories for your girls! Your ornaments are beautiful!

Julie Overby said...

First of all, what an adorable photo of you and your sweetie!!! Actually, all your photos of putting up the tree turned out great! We did our tree today too.

Second of all....can I put in an order for a full set of ornaments?? LOL!! Those are just absolutely GORGEOUS!! I just got some of that PP pattern paper last week. You have totally inpsired me to play. Thank yoooooou!

Unknown said...

Your girls are getting so big, and are sooo cute!! What fun photos.
Your ornaments are absolutely stunning, love them to bits!
(((hugs))) my friend~

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ornaments Danielle!! Your girls are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

your girls are very beautiful and i adore your ornaments !!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

awwww, Danielle, loving your tree and fabulous decorations :) thanks for sharing your pics with us all :) im putting my tree up tonight, I cant wait :) x

DeeDee said...

GREAT pictures Danielle...you are gorgeous and your girls are just adorable!! Looks like yall had fun!! BEAUTIFUL projects too..so sweet!!!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh my goodness, how funny, I just happened to comment about that amazing box ornament on Two Peas...it's just gorgeous and I guess it deserved another compliment. :) Oh I love your tree trimming photos too, how sweet, and it looks like they all had fun! :)

Scossie Jane said...

Love the tree ornaments, the PP line is absolutely gorgeous, what inspiration...

The family photo's of putting up the tree are just too precious...

Happy Holidays...

Jane xx

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so adorable!! Its' so much fun putting up a tree with little ones! My kids are all grown....but soon the grandbabies will be old enough!!! Beautiful ornaments!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! Have a wonderful holiday season!!! Char

Davinie Fiero said...

Lovely, sweets! Are you doing Ali's December daily album? You should. You already have stuff to talk about, lol. Love the ornaments! Can't wait to see what else you have in store. Your blog is so festive today..... :)

ellen s. said...

look at you guys all dressed up do to the tree! your projects are gorgeous, really beautiful!

Melonie said...

WOW! Love that little pink box Dani! FANTASTIC! Great pics too!

Anonymous said...

very beatiful !!
Nanou from France

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

Annette said...

Your daughters are beautiful, great photos! Love your icicle ornament and the box is absolutely stunning!

Christiane said...

so cute - your daughters and the ornament!!
have a good one!! :))

Abby said...

Beautiful ornaments! I really need to get a tree!

Leslie Ashe said...

Coming to your blog makes me feel like I'm in a Beautiful Christmas store!! :D I LOVE your music!

You got some great pics of the girls and YOU! I LOVE that pic of you and Kati!

Gorgeous ornaments! I adore them Dani!

Hope you're having a wonderful week - hugs!

Leslie

Babydoll said...

I love your ornaments Danielle!! They are just beautiful. Great Christmas pictures too!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

your ornament is so pretty, I love the pink present on top. I wish I had little girls... so sweet! looks like you all had a great time putting up your tree this year.