Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little ode....

...to the one I love. I hope not to get too sappy on you! Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it. 10 years? Seriously? Where did the time go? He said yesterday that it feels like 4 years or less. I'll take that as a compliment. ha =)

So...11 years ago we were living in Rapid City, S.D. He was in the Air Force and I was an elementary teacher. On our first date, he took me to Custer State Park where we drove and drove and finally stopped to enjoy the peacefulness and beauty around us. Not a soul around! We talked for hours sitting there on the back of his tail gate. I never looked back after that day!


Let me tell you what I love so much about him:

1. His drive - he's the most motivated person I've ever met. And I tend to procrastinate. He gets me moving when I need to! He has taught himself everything he needed to know about computers and took himself from the military where we were completely broke to a great position in systems administration and networking.

2. His faithfulness - he's always here, every night, wrestling his girls and giving us the attention that 3 girls need. (alot!)

3. His character - he always sticks up for what he believes in and doesn't care what others think or say. I admire that because I am always worried what people think and he reminds me that it's not important.

4. He's a jack of all trades - ever since we moved in to this house 5 years ago, he has worked so hard to get it to be how it is today...he finished the basement, extended our yard so the girls could have a big backyard to play in, added trim and molding, just made it home for us. And he just knows how to do it all, plumbing, electrical, you name it.

5. He works so hard for us and wants me to stay home with the girls to give them a good home and be here for them. I love you, honey!

Here is a card I made for him last night. I hope he doesn't see this before tomorrow. I'm going to write a note inside for him...
I can't get enough of these little pockets from the Maya Road binder album. And I finally found the Apron Lace punch by Fiskars at the Fiskars site! Rub ons are of course none other than Melissa Frances, foam numbers are by Close to My Heart (thank you, Maria!!). I love these numbers.

For our anniversary, we are just going out to dinner with some friends. We haven't done that in awhile and we both agreed it would be fun! We'd love to take a trip somewhere one of these days, just the 2 of us, but it's so hard with little ones that you can't leave for very long. Soon we will be able to! Soon! Well, take care out there and have a safe Memorial weekend!

26 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary Dani! You look so beautiful. Enjoy your day...and I adore this sweet card of course.
Melissa

Liz said...

Happy 10th and enjoy your dinner

whoistracy said...

Have a wonderful anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

i wish you a wonderfull anniversary take care of you and your family it was so precious...

xxx

Unknown said...

happy anniversary dani.... what a beautiful tribute to your hubby, so, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! That's terrific 10 years!!! Have a great weekend!!! beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful story and a wonderful life. There will be time for yourselves when the girls are older and I promise you...it happens too quickly. Have a wonderful weekend and hope the next 10 are even better!!!

Nicole said...

Happy 10 Year anniversary! We celebrate our 10 in Sept. I know what you mean about it going by fast! Congrats!

Shanna said...

What a beautiful story Dani! And a gorgeous wedding photo! You're so blessed! Congrats on your many years together and here's to another 10 girl! Hugs!

Betsy V said...

Congratulations on your 10 years! Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary....the 22nd must have been a fabulous day! :-) Great card too....I really should go make one for my hubby.

Lisa said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Such a lovely ode to the one you love!!!

Brandi Talmadge said...

Happy Anniversary! I love knowing and reading about happy relationships. I can tell you too are meant to be. Enjoy dinner out :)

Marlou McAlees said...

happy 10th anniversary Danielle, your wedding picture is stunning!!! enjoy your day :) ♥

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Danielle - you lucky girl!

And by the way I LOVE your tutorials -- can you teach me how to sew? LOL!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! 10 years IS something to shout about!!

Kay said...

Happy Anniversary, Danielle! A good friend of mine is celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary on the same day as you. Isn't that crazy! Thank you for showing us your wedding photo. You look beautiful and from your profile picture I can see that you haven't aged at all! Seriously!!

This is a perfect card and I love it that you can slip a sweet note inside of it! Enjoy your anniversary weekend. Congratulations!!! ♥♥ Kay

Tracey Taylor said...

Happy Anniversary, Danielle. What a beautiful post. TFS

Melonie said...

Happy Anniversary Dani!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love your wedding photo!! And the card you made is perfect!

Karola Witczak said...

Happy 10th anniversary Danielle!

Davinie Fiero said...

You are adorable, sweets. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! You looked gorgeous on your wedding day.

My hubby and I celebrate 10 in 2010. Easy to keep track of, lol. :)

Bethany said...

happy anniversary!! that card is beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Happy (belated) anniversary, Danielle! I hope you had a good time out for dinner with your hubby and friends. Our 14th anniversary was the 20th. I feel like I am as lucky as you. My DH works long hours, and is a jack of all trades too. Have a great weekend, coming!

Babydoll said...

What a beautiful post! Congrats on your 10 years.:)

Shirley said...

Such sweet words about your dh and congrats on 10 years! We've got quite a few on you and hope yours are as wonderful as ours have been!

Cathy R. said...

That is such a CUTE card, Danielle!!
I love your beautiful wedding photo!
Wow, 10 years seems like a looooooooong time for me!