Monday, November 8, 2010

sweet christmas cheer...

Good morning, it's sleeting here and very cold! We are supposed to get snow/rain today. I hope you are having a better start to your morning! My little one was sick over the weekend with vomiting, but she is feeling much better today, thank goodness. It seems too early for all these sicknesses and such!

For Glue Arts this week, we are working with some GORGEOUS May Arts ribbons. I wanted to create something Christmas-y with these beautiful ribbons that I received!
My goal was to create a simple ornament and card that could be given to my girls' bus driver, the secretaries at the school, aides that help out in their classrooms, etc. It gets so expensive to give gifts to everyone, so I needed something that wouldn't "break the bank". The card was pretty quick to make, first I embossed the white card with a stripe design using my Cuttlebug. (LOVE the stripes in the ribbon!) I tied the sheer ribbon across the card into a bow and added a Jenni Bowlin star sticker, a dimensional star from Pink Paislee's Artisan Borders, 3 punched circles out of red cardstock for the "berries" and 2 of the May Arts ribbon leaves for the "holly".
The ornament was quick to make as well! I added a "Sweet" sticker from Pink Paislee's Sweetness line, a rub on saying below, and 2 little dimensional stars to the front of the ornament. I filled it with M&M's and adorned it with the same ribbon. I thought it would be cute to dress up the box as well, and put the little leaves inside a gift box for a soft place to keep the ornament.

Head over to the Glue Arts blog today to see more great projects with May Arts ribbon and to see a full supply list and instructions to create these!

11 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Very cool! I never thought of filling a clear ornament with candy!

Lisa said...

Awesome ornament and card...love the idea! Glad to hear your little one is feeling better and hope warmer temperatures come your way. I've been wondering what happened to Fall. It seemed to pass us by.

Joy said...

What a GREAT idea! Love it! :)

mellybean@hughes.net said...

Love this idea Dani! Brilliant! Hope Kati is feeling better and that no one else gets the yuckies. (((HUGS)))

Marie/Mison said...

I just love your cards and the christmas bowl. The fun thing about it all is that I had the exakt same ribbon in on of my kit companies (Little Yellow House) kits a couple of months ago, and have a whole lot left of it. You gave me inspration to use it again!!

Sue from Oregon said...

How darling!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

such a creative candy holder!

The Scrappy Tree said...

What a gorgeous Christmas project!

Elizabeth said...

Danielle this is a really neat idea!!! I love the fact that you came up with something so creative but won't break the bank!

Be warm during the winter season!
e.

jen said...

I knew you'd do something fabulous with the MayArts ribbon!!! :)

whoistracy said...

Oh how cute! You know in my house we'd have the candy emptied out of that ornament in no time. LOL