Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Using index journaling cards...

Two posts in a row for me, I'm on a roll!

For my cards today on the Lily Bee blog, I chose to use the Christmas Cheer line, as I just can't get enough of this line! Red is my favorite color, so I keep coming back to these products. I love to layer the Lily Bee journaling cards, so here I've layered a chevron card under the "25" card. (The chevron card is actually upside down, but I love the design of the chevrons and wanted to use that in my card design.)


I used a snowflake punch, along with the Christmas Cheer stickers to create a dimensional snowflake, and popped up the sticker in the center.


Supplies: Christmas Cheer line by Lily Bee (12x12 paper, index journaling cards, stickers, 6x6 Tiny Tablet). Other: red cardstock.

On the next card, I made the beautiful  Lily Bee journaling card my focal point. 


To highlight the journaling card, I placed a punched 2" circle from patterned paper behind it and added some die cut holly, cut with the Holly Jolly die collection by Papertrey Ink.

I saw a greeting card in a store that had 2 shades of holly for each leaf, and I loved how it looked, so I trimmed the holly in half and pieced them back together with light and darker green patterned paper from the Christmas Cheer line. The card front is then wrapped up like a little gift with twine before adding it to the cardstock base.


Supplies: Christmas Cheer line by Lily Bee (12x12 papers, Index Journaling Cards, 6x6 Tiny Tablet). Other: twine, holly die by Papertrey Ink, tinsel, 2" circle punch, corner rounder, hole punch, white cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed these journaling card ideas today! Don't forget to check out my City Sidewalks Christmas card kit in the post below. For only $23, you get a ton of full packages of products, along with a lot of extra goodies put together by me! I have 5 card samples you can make with the kit to give you ideas as well. LOVE this line!

Be back soon!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me at the polka dots! Love these yummy colors and the polka dots and chevrons are just a bonus. Great ideas and color combinations.

Diana Waite said...

these are just SO stunning!

Patricia Roebuck said...

You are one talented lady! Gorgeous!

Susan Clare said...

Adorable and love the color combinations. Good job!