Tuesday, December 18, 2012

holiday wishes...

Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Are you ready...gifts bought? Cards mailed? Presents wrapped, baking done? I am almost there, still have a couple things left to buy and mail. Getting there slowly, yet surely....


My mom and the girls put the tree up when she was here visiting over Thanksgiving break, so it's been Christmas-ey in here for awhile. Love the twinkling mantle lights on a quiet evening after everyone has gone to bed. So peaceful and beautiful.
Thought I'd share with you what I did for my holiday card and envelopes this year. I literally just came up with this yesterday. Yes, I am "super procrastinator!"

I made the 5x7" photo card myself and printed them out at home. I am not fond of the prices charged for 5x7's online. I just can't see paying $77 for photo cards. So...with 5x7" photo paper in hand, Photoshop, a few envelopes from my stash and some stamps, I have an inexpensive alternative. You can add a punched red circle to finish it off if you'd like...or leave without to add the recipient's mailing address.

I used Papertrey Ink's Mistletoe & Holly stamp set for the leaves and berries, "holiday wishes" is from Think Big Favorites #9, and "from our family to yours" is from Think Big Favorites #21. Twine is from The Twinery and the black tape is from Target. I love that this was so easy and packs a punch!



11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love your photo, the card you made with it and your pretty stamped envelopes, Danielle! Fabulous!

Jennifer K said...

These are so pretty! Love the black + red + green.

Lani said...

Great idea! Just an fyi, I ordered Costco holiday photo cards (50 for 14.99) that they have ready the next day. They give you the envelopes when you order, so next year I'll STAMP and address them while I wait for the cards.

Diana Waite said...

these are FANTASTIC!! I agree what they charge is TOTALLY ridiculous!

Kelly S. said...

Totally gorgeous! I did nothing handmade this year...not even the envelopes! Got 75 photo cards for $33.00 from Walmart. A cute chalkboard looking pattern. Came with free gold foil lined envelopes...bonus :)! I took the pictures and sent them online on Sunday morning and they were done for pickup by 2:00 at my local store!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful, Danielle ~ your family photo and your envies also!

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful presentation! Great family photo (I love how you printed the frame around the picture) and the envies are gorgeous!

Tonya said...

I LOVE this! Thank you so much for the inspiration and I know I want to try this myself. You are super talented and I love reading your blog! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Loly Borda said...

So pretty! TFS

Winnie said...

Merry Christmas! What a lovely photo you used for our card. It is lovely...

salem said...

stunning