Saturday, February 9, 2013

Boutique Bargains at Papertrey Ink...

Burlap, linen, canvas....think of all the possibilities with texture!


Starting this month, Papertrey Ink is now going to be stocking a few "boutique bargains" in their shop. These items won't be stocked permanently like their stamps and dies. They will change every now and then. Here are a few of the new Boutique Bargains this month: burlap rolls and bags, linen and canvas bags, resin blossoms and cork sheets!These cute little bags can be stamped on, stitched on, embossed, adorned with a tag, etc. So many things you could do to make them unique!

I used one of the linen bags as a card holder and dressed it up with a little flower made from burlap. I cut a strip of burlap about an inch wide and about 18 inches long, then rolled it to create a flower (or is it a nest?). I used some of the little resin flowers in the center and attached it to the bag with hot glue. Perfect for a spring or summer gift!

Twine was added underneath the flower (or nest!) in a messy fashion. I think it really adds to the handmade or "boutique" feel of the bag. Also added a button which is stitched right onto the bag with rustic twine and an embroidery floss needle.

The bags have 2 little straps on the sides, so I used a piece of Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon and looped it through the 2 ends, pulled it together in the center and tied it in a bow.

Inside I tucked a card and some candies. Let me show you the card...

I used a doily from my stash, folded over the top and bottom and cut a piece of kraft cardstock to fit inside. I stamped "thank you" with the Think Big Favorites #2 Mini Stamp Set in True Black ink.

Here you can see how the little card slides out, and a message can be written on the back. I trimmed the ends with a punch.

I cut a little flower from felt with the Lovely Layers dies.


Visit Nichole Heady's blog for more information on the Boutique Bargains!



17 comments:

Gerlinde said...

So very wonderful!!!!greetings from Vienna Gerlinde

Kelly S. said...

This is awesome, Danielle. Love the style of the bag you created with the little button. The burlap nest of flowers is so creative and an adorable embellishment with this wrapping!

Nancy said...

Absolutely adorable and I say it's a "nest" so darn cute!

StephH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StephH said...

I love working with burlap, but never thought about creating a flower or "nest". Just adorable Danielle!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love the nest from burlap idea, Danielle! All of the textural layers are fabulous together. This got me thinking about Easter treats...

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous ...love the flower you made with lovely layers!

Nancy Penir said...

It never ends! Nests from burlap. Doilies encircle thank yous, roses and ribbon, just amazing!

FojAga said...

I love it!
And this paper white and red achhhhh :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, you create the most beautiful things. I love your style, simply gorgeous.

Elizabeth S. said...

This absolutely beautiful! Love all the texture and that nest(flower) is so creative.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Diana Fisher said...

So pretty and I love all of the textures!

Shelley Haganman said...

Oh how lovely!

maria f. said...

Amazingly gorgeous gift ensemble.

Julie Marshall said...

So clever to use the doily. Love it!