Wednesday, September 4, 2013

orange, hot pink and a touch of gold...

Need inspiration today? How about a color challenge. Pink Paislee has a beautiful Color Crush image on the Pink Paislee blog, and the team is playing along in the challenge. I thought I'd make a card just for fun with it - with oranges, hot pinks and even a touch of gold.

I used the Artisan papers by Pink Paislee with some stamping inks by Papertrey Ink to make the big flower. All I did was swipe the ink pad over the papers, and it brings out this gorgeous embossing that's already on the paper. I used the Notched Flower dies to cut the flower layers and the Turning a New Leaf die to cut the leaves out of the Artisan paper after it was inked. The ink colors I used were: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise and Ripe Avocado.

I placed a circle under the flower from the Artisan Circles and some twine. For the bottom, I stamped a Sentiment Series: Scallop Symbols (a new stamp set by Pink Paislee) trimmed it out and placed it under the white cardstock. The Thank You sentiment is from Mums The Word. The whole card front was placed onto a Luxe gold striped paper.
Are you going to play along in the challenge? Link me up if you do, I'm anxious to see what you'll do with this.



3 comments:

Gaby Hernandez said...

Wow love it!!congrats!! thanks to share

richardbreaks said...

WOW! This is just beautiful, Danielle! SO digging the artesian circle and the gold stripes!

Jill Norwood said...

Love the stripes with the bold flower! So striking!