Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sentiment Signs revisited...

Today the senior design team is revisiting an older stamp set at Papertrey Ink to show you some new ways to use this set! This set is called Sentiment Signs. I've used it as a backdrop on my cards today, as I just love the graphic look of the block text!

My first thought was to stamp the Sentiments Signs block text and frame it with the new Garden Garland die. Well, sometimes things happen as happy accidents! I pulled out a white scrap from my scrap box to stamp the Sentiment Signs on, and it already had little gray butterflies stamped in the bottom corner with a red Swoosh stamp across it. (Not sure why I put it in my scrap box when it was already stamped on, but that gave me an idea!) I could add the Super Swoosh dies over the Sentiment Signs stamps! So that's how my design began.

Next, I played around with stamping the Sentiment Signs onto white cardstock with a dark color of ink, then layering vellum over the top. Ultimately, I decided I didn't want a white background, I wanted the aqua background and the polkadot background. So I decided to do the Sentiment Signs over the TOP of the vellum instead of underneath.

The Sentiment Signs were stamped onto Papertrey Ink's Sheer Basics Vellum. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Love how it stands out on the vellum! The vellum is attached just at the top with a strip of washi tape on each card.

Then I added color with some pretty background cardstock and patterned paper, and a flower from the Quilted: Spring stamp set and dies.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Be sure to visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather and Melissa to see more fresh ideas using Sentiment Signs stamps! 

Sentiment Signs cards:
STAMPS: Sentiment Signs, Quilted: Spring
INK: Lovely Lady, Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening
PAPER: Sheer Basics Vellum, Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy cardstock, Lavender Moon Pattern Pack
DIES: Garden Garland, Quilted: Spring, Super Swoosh
OTHER: washi tape, sequins, embossing powder.

6 comments:

Diana K said...

So so pretty, Danielle. and do you see what I mean about both your photography style and your use of patterned paper? Dreamy!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, and the overlaid "swoosh" sentiments look fabulous :-)

Kathy Mc said...

White embossing on the Sheer Basics Vellum looks fabulous, and then your Swoosh die cuts adding color really pops. The flowers are just right as the finishing touch. Love these, Danielle!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how lovely!! I love the Swoosh sentiments over the vellum!! Such fantastic design!!

Debra said...

Your cards are really beautiful! I love vellum but also love how you used different layers on these cards.. Background paper, vellum, embossing, and the die cut. Looks fabulous and what a great idea!

Lisaerica said...

Hi Danielle, these are so beautiful they should be put in frames and hung on the wall. Always love your color combos, I'd love to know your inspiration. Always love your work, thanks for sharing.